Frequently Asked Questions
- What can a Credit Union do for you?
- What is the common bond?
- What are Shares?
- What is a Credit Union
- Can children join?
- What return can I expect on my savings?
This is dependent on the yearly surplus generated by loans.
- Can I withdraw my savings at any time?
Yes, providing they are not pledged against a loan.
- When can I apply for a loan?
As soon as your membership is ratified.
- What can I borrow for?
Any personal need.
- What is the loan interest rate?
A variety of interest rates to suit particular products. E.G. Back to School loan at 5%, Car at 7% etc.
- Is my Loan insured?
Yes T&C’s apply
- Is there any penalty for repaying my loan sooner than the contract time?
- Can I have a further loan without my first loan being fully paid off?
- Does Cobh CU offer CU Online Banking?
- How do I request a new PIN / Password for CU Online?
Register online or at the office at Harbour Row.
- How long does it take to get a decision on a loan application?
Approval in principle is often immediate. More complex applications may take longer.
- Who can join Link Credit Union
If there are any further questions you would like answered please Contact Us